Thursday, March 19, 2015

MysterySkype - where have you been?

I just discovered a really neat tool for displaying states or countries where your students have visited with during a MysterySkype. The website amCharts is used for creating stunning charts of any flavor, but also has free state and country maps. I quickly created one below to show the states that I've Skyped with.





To create your own map simply go to the Visited States Map page. Click on the states you want to highlight either on the map or in the list. You can even change the colors used on the map to indicate water, states visited, etc.


Once your map is ready, there are a variety of things you can do with it. You can share it using social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. You can download it as a pdf or jpg by clicking the share download icon in the upper right corner of the map.

Maps can also be embedded on a class website or blog using the HTML code provided on the page.

This is an awesome way to share with the world where your class has gone for a #MysterySkype!


1 comment:

  1. I showed this to my husband, who works in web development. He said he uses amCharts and Highcharts in some of his work building departmental reports. He was surprised when I pointed out that amCharts had a live editor to create and embed charts, and he also said he would recommend it to his coworkers to use without having to know any code. I can definitely see myself using something more like the map one in my classes.

    - Tricia Bevilacqua

    PDE-SP15-3026-07

    ReplyDelete