Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Reading List



This summer a number of blogs I followed mentioned lists from bloggers about what they had read during the summer, or the reading challenges they were participating in, or the 10 best books to make you laugh, etc. And all these books weren't the adult literature that I was focusing on (see my previous post), they were picture books (like I read to my little girls each night), children's books, and chapter books. Since I work at the elementary (K-5) level I began to feel like I was missing out on something. I should be modeling reading with the students around me - sharing books appropriate for them.

As I thought about how to do this I came across a post by the fabulous Pernille Ripp. Since I am not in the classroom, her first idea about showcasing her reading was the perfect way for me to share with the classes around me. So this week my fabulous wife helped me set up a display on my office door showcasing the books I have read this summer plus the books on my to-read list. Hopefully this will bring up some discussion with the students around my office and we can share some enthusiasm for the world of reading.




In the spirit of list making (and making myself accountable for actually getting the display done), here are the books I have read and the books I hope to read in the near future.

Summer Reading
Books I am currently reading
Want to read
How was your summer reading? What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment